chem

Default plans for "Brush Hog" type mower for 4-wheeler

We had this discussion at work not too long ago... One of our
inspectors was complaining about how long it took him to cut his lawn
with the lawn tractor. IIRC, they came up with two solutions. One was
to haul a few run-of-the-mill push mowers behind, and the other was to
haul some of those man-powered old-fashioned mowers behind. (He
http://cleanairgardening.com/reelmowers.html?br38) Not that he would
have spent $200 a pop for them, more like scrounged them from flea
markets, auction sales, etc. They figured that less could go wrong with
the manual ones, and they wouldn't have to gas up four push-mowers plus
the lawn tractor. Don't know if he's actually started working it or not.

chem

Joel Corwith wrote:
I'll never forget the Iowa farmer mowing his front yard on a garden tractor
with 4 push mowers dragged behind, 2 off either flank.

Joel. phx

"Craig Suslosky" wrote in message
om...

Does anybody have plans for a brush hog type mower to pull behind a
four wheeler? I wouldnt be cutting brush, just rough grass, not my
front lawn. I have seen a few in catalogs but not in person. I have a
16HP B&S motor to use, some wheels for the back. I would have to buy
or make blade spindle housings, and blades. I was looking at a Ferris
mower at work the other day. It looks pretty rugged, but I couldnt see
the spindle housings. Does anyone have any advice on this subject? Any
help would be great.
Thanks,
Craig