Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Mr. Moose

Default Warm Delta Lathe Redux

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 14:55:21 -0500, Eddie Munster
wrote:

Thanks, good to know what it was. I think you got it now.
I have a 701C model I barely ever use. Three times I think. Wife says I
should sell it. You see I bought a bigger one after getting the 701. So
in truth, she let me buy a second one without sellling the one I just
bought first!

John

The parts just arrived, and it's truly frightening to see how
disasterously ruined the current pulley is compared to the new one! I
guess it's actually supposed to be solidly attached to the brass
bushing that's currently rolling around inside my headstock.

I repeat, and hopefully will make this clear - my current piece
actually has one side of the pulley just rolling around on the brass
fitting, insttead of firmly attached to it. I thought it was supposed
to be like that, but that is clearly NOT how it's supposed to go. Kind
of like driving on barre wheels because you assumed that, since there
were no tires, that must be how the car runs!!!

Yikes. I'll replace this NOW. I'll report later on the improvements,
but I expect there to be a hole lot more speed and a whole lot less
slippage.

Mark