Posted to rec.woodworking
B a r r y

Default Drill Press: variable speed vs. multi-speed

Joe AutoDrill wrote:

The only time we had a customer who wanted to go slower was when they wanted
to build a machine that did the door knob, loclset and hardware holes in
three automated steps... And the door had a plastic skin.

Production vs. the one-off furniture that most of us here make.

I'm always impressed at the speed of some of the production drills.
Even the relatively slow pocket hole machines almost seem to shoot the
hole through! The first time I saw something like that, I blinked and
missed it the first time. G

Happy Thanksgiving BTW.

Same to you!

Barry