Harold & Susan Vordos

Default mini-lathe chuck removal etcetera

"Ron Thompson" wrote in message
You don't need to take off the chuck if you mount your blank on a mandrel.
If you need more specific instructions, email me.

--

While it's true that you can machine a pulley from a mandrel, on a lathe
that small it will likely be a nightmare of fighting chatter. I'd suggest

Be sure to check the face plate to see that it runs true, for if it doesn't,
your pulley will have double the error, depending on how you mount it the
second time. If the face plate doesn't run true, take a cut on it so it
does.

Harold