Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt

Default Safety Awareness!

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 20:40:14 +0000, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 19:19:49 +0000, Matt
wrote:

| On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 17:39:08 +0000, Dave Fawthrop
| wrote:
|
| On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 16:08:05 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
| wrote:
|
| | In article ,
| | John wrote:
| | Already we have Orwellian government intrusion into our lives. Cameras
| | in the streets watch our movements, Cameras watch our vehicles and the
| | central big brother computer checks the number plates against central
| | data base to see if the car is taxed, MOT tested and insured.
|
| The number plate reading cameras in Bradford got the number of the getaway
| car of the gang who killed the policewoman. Lead them straight to a gang
| in London. Other number plate reading cameras then tracked it down the M1.
|
| Get it right:
|
| The number plate reading cameras in Bradford got the number of a car
| owned by someone (who could have been anyone, even a poster in
| uk.d-i-y) Other number plate reading cameras then tracked it down the
| M1. End of story.

That is what I said, only slightly reworded.

Yes, and it's very fortunate they didn't implement the shoot to kill
policy again

(I just wondered from your orignal posting if you had been stuck in a
timewarp for the past three or so days)