Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Default Septic tank upgrade.

snipped plans to replace an existing septic tank system with a more
modern alternative

Peter Crosland wrote:

I assume you got consent from the Enviroment Agency for this scheme? If not
you may find it impossible to sell your house quite apart from any penaties
the EA may impose.

I gave some thought to this when I had to jump through the Environment
Agency hoops regarding my septic tank renewal.

What is the likelihood of the EA refusing to allow any kind of soakaway
(from a septic tank or biodisc system) and would the householder have
any kind of legal recourse if their house suddenly became worthless
because it had no sewage system ?

cross-posted to uk.legal

Cheers,

John