Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare

Default Car headlight (no response on Car Maintenance)

"john" wrote in message
My car (Honda Civic) has a 4 position dial to tune the headlight aim. One
has become detrimental and either sticks or "hunts" intermittently.

To get inside would mean removing the bumper so I am not too keen - I would
like to get an idea of how the mechanism operates. Not sure if the fault is
likely to be something like a dirty commutator - or a seized mechanism.

Slapping the wing gets it to move a bit - have used contact cleaner on the
plug.

Any ideas?

Can you get a Haynes manual from a public library?

--

Michael Chare