Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default Drill Press: variable speed vs. multi-speed

"TheNewGuy" wrote in message
ups.com...

And 2ndly, from a woodworkers use POV, is there any practical
difference btwn. true VS and multi-speed? (Ease-of-use, yes...)

I have had a Rockwell multi speed drill press for about 27 years. I seldom
change speeds. IMHO unless you are using the drill press daily for a
variety of reasons go with the multi speed vs. the variable speed. You
really do not need all those in between speeds and typically manually
changing speeds on the multi speed units is pretty simple and trouble free.