Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

Default Chicken Soup for the woodworking soul - Recipe

On 11/23/2005 6:37 AM Charles Self mumbled something about the following:
And, according to my uncles, it is spelled "damyankee", an appellation I got
at a young age, without deserving the carpetbagger bit until 28 or so years
ago. Of course, my mother came from Virginia, so that mitigates some of it.
And my greatgranddaddy fought on the gray side. Of course, my father came
from Kentucky, and my great grandfather there fought for the Yanks.

"Greg G." wrote in message

Swingman said:

"Tim and Steph" wrote in

I'm from Vermont (damn yankee!)

Actually, if you stay put in Vermont the adjective isn't necessary.

Otherwise, it's damned carpetbagger Yankee. ;-)

Greg G.

Actually, it goes like this.

Yankee - Someone who lives north of the Mason-Dixon line
Damyankee - Someone who lives north of the Mason-Dixon line who comes
south to visit
Gawdamyankee - Someone from north of the Mason-Dixon line who moves
south to live and pretend to be a southerner

This makes Uhlanna, Jawja (Atlanta, Georgia fer ya yankees) a
gawdamyankee city, and Florida a gawdamyankee state.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net