Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Oh no! Buying a toolbox...

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:11:02 GMT, Anthony
wrote:

(jj) wrote in
:

I don't know where in Europe the machine is going to but I would be
surprised if the sea freight for an 8x8x40 foot container would be
more than $4000. Will the machine fit inside an 8ft wide x 10 foot
high x 40 foot container?

No, as I stated, the crate is 12'x10'x16'.

A different case altogether, container shipping is relatively
cheap.

That would be classed as a wide load in Oz for road transport and
require an escort service - normal load is 8' wide - and up goes
the cost. Sea freight also more expensive as it would need to be
securely packed in the hold. Huge crate, also very expensive, I can
now understand your $24k cost

What is the cost of the machine $200k + ? in which case
shipping is not too high a portion.
Alan
in beautiful Golden Bay, Western Oz, South 32.25.42, East 115.45.44 GMT+8
VK6 YAB ICQ 6581610 to reply, change oz to au in address