Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton

Default Flexible flush pipe

Mathew Newton wrote:
Mark wrote:
Hi

I've got a loo with a slight leak around the seal between the flush pipe
and the cistern. It's leaking because whoever installed the cistern
didn't install it in line with the pan, so the flush pipe is at an angle
and the seal doesn't fit properly.

Is there such a thing as a flexible flush pipe? Obviously the best
solution would be to move the cistern so it's in the right place, but
this loo is in a house I'm letting and I'd rather not be there all day
moving the cistern around. Plumbcenter told me, via a clueless-sounding
man in the background and a clueless-sounding woman in the foreground,
that such an item doesn't exist. Does anyone here know differently, or
have an alternative solution?

Cheers,

Mark

It does indeed:

We've had one in, err, 'regular' use for several years and despite
initial skepticism (worried about the internal concertina restricting
flow) it's been faultless.

Mathew

Oops... now that I've actually *read* your post I see I'm barking up
the wrong tree with this suggestion. Sorry!

Mathew (hoping you'll see this correction or otherwise be sat at home
wondering how on earth this massive pipe will solve the problem)