Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Which brand for pipe benders please?

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel andrew@a17 wrote:
I'd check out Ebay for a Record one secondhand - it's built to last.

Actually, the formers are (deliberately) soft and easily damaged
by dropping the tool or using them when dirty or with dirty pipe,
which can cause grit to get embedded. That's what I would be very
careful to check with a second-hand one.

Right. I've found mine to be superb over many years use, but then I tend
to look after tools.
The formers look like ordinary cast alluminimum to me - are you saying
better brands use something stronger?

I've got a Hilmor floor standing conduit bender and that uses a similar
idea for the formers.

--
*To be intoxicated is to feel sophisticated, but not be able to say it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.