Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jumpster Jiver

Default Zenith Vertical Deflection Problem

George wrote:

I have a Zenith SY1324S-01 TV mfd. in May 1997.
The vertical deflection is intermittent. Sometimes the picture is
fine, and sometimes there is just a horizontal line. Before I open the
case, I'd like to know whether anyone:
A. is familiar with this model and knows what the most likely cause
would be for this problem on this specific model,
B. has a schematic,
C. knows how to open the case (which is usually the hardest part of
the job).

To reply directly to me, replace all 'z' with 'a' in email address.

A - Lack of vertical deflection - similar to any other TV with a vert.
problem.
B - nope
C - Remove all screws from the back and pull off the back cover (the
easiest part)