Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham Harrison

Default Solar

wrote in message
ups.com...
Graham Harrison wrote:
Has anyone here had domestic solar water heating installed? I know this
is
the DIY group but I'm looking for someone to do it for me. Googling has
produced a number of companies and trade associations but there's nothing
like a personal recommendation (or warning).

I'm on the Somerset/Wiltshire border (some companies only seem to work in
certain parts of the country).

Thank you.

Commercial solar HW systems are a great way to throw your money away.
Suggest looking at solar flat plate space heating, less cost, more heat
gain. Try alt.solar.thermal for info & expertise.

NT

Looks like I've got quite a lot of research to do. Thanks.