Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Default New HD TV, what to buy

RonKZ650 wrote:
All HDTV is pure garbage. What is the reason we are switching to this
crap mandated by the government anyway. I assume to get rid of the
extra $$$ people save up every few years when they need to be repaired
and all parts are special order and NLA. Wonderful idea.
Ziggie wrote:

Broadcast HD is worthless IMO, but having seen DVD movies on it, it
looks truly fantastic. I'm looking forward to the day when I can pick up
a dead HD bigscreen for free, I'm guessing it'll happen within the next
couple years, for now NTSC is good enough for what I've paid for it,
which is nothing.