Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.engr.joining.welding
Greg O

Default Uses for Old UPSes

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
Most are APCs but I have others (Best, Minuteman, etc.) and have access
to several others I have yet to see.

My questions are an attempt to learn so I can evaluate all them
properly.

I appreciate the information from those who have gone before and still
are around to tell about. ;)

TMT

I have two Minuteman units I rescued from work. Both just needed batteries.
I opened them up so I could get to the battery while they were plugged in
and checked the charging voltage. It was something over what the battery was
rated, 13 volts and a 12 volt battery, so I figured that the charging
circuit was ok. The UPS worked as far as running a load when unplugged, but
they had no reserve capacity so I took a chance and put batteries in them.
Greg