Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon

Default Sound Insulation

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Andrew Mawson"
saying something like:

For all the reasons you mention I have 'probably' settled on using bog
standard 100mm rockwool retained by a custom made cage of wire
meshing. Both the radiator outward flowing air and the combustion air
are currently ducted but the input air to the radiator is drawn from
the totally open bottom of the trailer chassis. I will probably
enclose the bottom but leaving a largish entry port at the alternator
end so that cool air is available for its cooling as well as the
radiator. Currently kicking ideas arround about what to do under the
engine sump - I'll probably enclose it in sheet steel with rockwool
above, but incorporate a drip tray with a funnel shape leading to a
drain so any oil drips and fuel leaks don't accumulate in the
enclosure.

It's certainly going in the right direction; what size is the enclosure
and what's it made of?

As I said, have a gander at how Aggreko and others do it; no point in
re-inventing the wheel.
--
Dave
GS850x2 SE6a