Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt

Default Which brand for pipe benders please?

On 22 Nov 2005 18:30:07 GMT, andrew@a17 (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

In article ,
"Dave Plowman (News)" writes:
In article ,
Kalico wrote:
I have seen Faithfull for about £35 and Silverline (which are usually
cheapest) are about £25. The Record ones are about £65 so too much to
pay for my occaisional use.

I'd check out Ebay for a Record one secondhand - it's built to last.

Actually, the formers are (deliberately) soft and easily damaged
by dropping the tool or using them when dirty or with dirty pipe,
which can cause grit to get embedded. That's what I would be very
careful to check with a second-hand one.

Just don't ever look up the price of spares for the Record bender,
they make the original purchase seem the bargain of the century!