Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Thermostat that goes down to 32F?

wrote:
I need a thermostat (simple mercury switch style) that goes down to 32F
or so, so I can heat a space only just enough to keep it from
freezing.

So far, no luck.

Plan B is to just mount a regular thermostat, tilted, so as to skew
the temperature range. Just need the right night to calibrate it...

Dave

Careful there Dave. Setting a thermostat to 32º will not assure the
room and it's contents will be above freezing. A 10º spread from in
interior wall to an exterior will would not be uncommon and could be much
more. I have seem pipes freeze under a sink when the interior room
temperature was in the mid 50's.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit