Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default Jet Mini belt adjustment door??

My sort of pet peeve with the mini is the access door for the lower belt
pully...well, to be more specific, the latch for it...

Anyone have a clue why they put such a cumbersome setup on there, with the
spring loaded rod, etc.??

It seems like either a simple latch or a spring loaded door like the top one
would be fine, but I'm assuming that there is some technical reason for the way
it is?

I know that I'm probably the only one that has gotten the timing of pulling out
the knob and opening the door, so that the rod jambs the door half open... maybe
I'm just uncoordinated... YMWV

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing