Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Repairing Door.

Swingman wrote:
wrote in message
I have Douglas Fir paneled entry (exterior) door that has rot on the
lower center stile. Some wood worm holes on the middle center stile
and what appears to a new bottom rail (10 inches high) made out of a
some sort of yellow pine. The door is curved and getting a
replacement is going to be very hard. So I am left in the position
of having to repair it. I am looking for suggestions on how to stop
the rot and wondering if I can fill the damage with something so i
don't have to replace the center stile. Also what would be a good
filler for the woodworm holes. The door will be repainted when I am
done.

I just repaired a pair of exterior Douglas Fir, sliding garage side
doors for someone. Pictures are already posted at:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/Projects9.htm

You do some nice work there.

.... and may give you some ideas on at least one approach to
repairing a rotten bottom rail.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit