Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default OT-Shock Collars-Dogs

On 21 Nov 2005 10:46:22 -0800, "Too_Many_Tools"
wrote:

Gunner,

Before starting surgery on the collar, make darn sure the wall wart
charger is working.

More than once I have had a charger, its cable or connector become
intermitent and lead me down the wrong path.

First thing I tried. I do repair CNC machinery for a living G But
thanks all the same.

It will have a Nicd battery inside and for the collar to suddenly not
take any charge is unusual.

If you have to go into the collar, a light touch should do it since the
potting material is there to prevent moisture ingress and not for
tampering resistance.

Good luck,

TMT

I called the manufacture yesterday morning and they of course dont
support the device any longer, but did offer to knock $50 off the
price of a new one..bringing the total down to about $200.....

So it looks like time for a bit of surgery.

Gunner

"The importance of morality is that people behave themselves even if
nobody's watching. There are not enough cops and laws to replace
personal morality as a means to produce a civilized society. Indeed,
the police and criminal justice system are the last desperate line of
defense for a civilized society. Unfortunately, too many of us see
police, laws and the criminal justice system as society's first line
of defense." --Walter Williams