Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon

Default Sound Insulation

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Doctor Drivel"
saying something like:

Don't forget to consider the fire risk of additional insulation.

Insulation doesn't easily catch fire.

You have to balance the needs of the airflow for cooling and combustion
and the necessity of sound insulation.

Combustion air and exhaust are ducted in and out, and the radiator can
be mounted externally.
Even so, the temperature build-up inside a closed insulated container
with a genset in it can be dramatic. Add to that the possibility of a
fractured fuel line spraying fuel over insulation material.
There's always a chance some of the insulation material might come loose
and fall on a hot turbo casing, for example.

Insulation might not easily catch fire, but soak it in diesel and apply
an ignition source.
--
Dave
GS850x2 SE6a