toolgirl toolgirl is offline
Junior Member

Default Painted Wall Help

I am trying to paint over wallboard (like paneling with a picture design) in my bathroom. The first time I applied a primer and then my first coat of paint. Several days later I started to apply the second coat and it basically peeled like a face mask. So I started with just the one wall and removed as much of the old paint as possible, lightly sanded it, and then not thinking applied the first coat of paint without primer. Now if it gets real steamy in the bathroom the wall is sticky. What can I do? I really want the ugly blue roses from the previous owner to disappear but not really wanting to get into putting in more drywall (two other projects going on also involving new walls!) Any advice - all appreciated!!