Posted to alt.home.repair
wkearney99

Default removing bricks from a wall?

Do you really write that badly? Yeesh.

I am typickly handy, will try anything but framing out a room and dry
way, Just assume higher that out.

You mean, tipically, drywall and hire it out?

So how hard is it to remove random bricks (or rocks) from a brick
pattern, and replace them with new bricks?

Color matching to the existing bricks will be a bitch.

how close together can they be before removing them jeprodizes the
integrity of the wall.

Depends on whether it's an actual brick wall or just veneer. If it's brick
veneer facing blocks then, heck, it might be simpler to just remove the
whole facade and replace it entirely.

As you can image, this home has sat on the market for several months,
and is undervalued, but I think a good investment for me, if I can get
past or fix these silly rocks.

If you're just going to paint the wall then you could potentially knock the
face off the protruding rocks with a chisel to level them to the surface of
the bricks. Then just paint over it. You'd probably have to repoint a few
places here and there along with putting bricks in places where the rocks
don't break cleanly.

The manual labor required to whack all those rocks could be CONSIDERABLE. I
wouldn't suggest doing it yourself unless you're really fond of using a
chisel and maul and want forearms like Popeye once you're done. But an
incredibly sore back and arms in the meanwhile.

Best bet would be to talk with a local brick/stone mason. Explain the
situation and see what they say.