Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH

Default bathroom door opening direction

Jess wrote:
I'm building a new bathroom in my basement. It seems all the bathrooms
I've seen, the door opens INTO the bathroom. Is there a reason for
this? Would it be odd for my bathroom door to open out?

It is pretty normal for doors to open into a room. I guess the idea is
that if it opens out - into a traffic area - you might smash a passerby

I think since bathrooms are so small (mine too), that I would like the
opening of the door space to be consumed by the room outside the
bathroom instead of inside the bathroom.

Open it in the direction you want. Of course, once one enters a
bathroom one normally closes the door. Unless one is an exhibitionist
and those present outside are scatalogical voyeurs.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...