Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default loud neighbour

wrote:
Hi,

I'm having a serious problem, and I was wondering if anyone can help
with it. I live in an apartment building. My neighbour below me
always invites friends over, plays loud music, etc. I hear him till
the wee hours DAILY!!! It's seriously driving me insane! Even after
I warn him, he keeps going. My landlord sent him a letter, but as I
am writing this e-mail, I can still hear his TV on (he's watching Star
Wars). Is there anything I can do to add some sound insulation. My
apartment is not very big, the floors are made of wood. Someone
please help me!!!

David

First make sure it is really bad, yea it sounds like it, but some people
have a poor tolerance for noise.

Check your lease, what, if anything does it say on this issue?

Get with your landlord. Are they willing to add soundproofing?

Go once, when you are in a good mood and talk with the resident.

Try the cops.

Move.

--
Joseph Meehan