Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken Layton

Default HDTV freq. allocations, converter box availability info?

I for one am not happy the government is shoving this new television
standard down our throats. There was nothing wrong with our present
television broadcasting system that has worked so well for 60 years. I
don't want to throw away a perfectly working tv set even if it might be
30 or 40 years old and I sure as hell don't want to buy one of those
overpriced 'new-fangled' ones. HDTV who needs it anyway? Does it make
the tv program story any better? No. Does it make the acting better?
No.

Once this 'changeover' becomes effective the major broadcast networks
will literally lose millions of viewers like me who will simply stop
watching tv altogether if our sets no longer work.