Posted to rec.woodworking
JRYezierski

Default Wide bards and Timer Warping

You may not be having the edges/board "flat"in the clamps you are using.
You may try this,While boards are clamped run a framing square or anything
else that you know is straight+true accross the boards to check if infact
they are flat.
Thats one possibility.
use clamps on both sides and alternate them
Let us know how it works out.
"Garry Collins" wrote in message
I am just getting into edge gluing to make wide boards, say around 18
inches. Each time that I try the finished board seems to warp across the
board. I am positive that the board was flat in the clamp and stayed
there
for a few days.

Should I use several narrow boards or a couple of wider boards? Is the end
grain at the end of the boards important?

Thanks for your help.

--
Garry Collins
Remove the spamno from my eamill address.