Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Repairing Door.

wrote:
I have Douglas Fir paneled entry (exterior) door that has rot on the
lower center stile. Some wood worm holes on the middle center stile
and what appears to a new bottom rail (10 inches high) made out of a
some sort of yellow pine. The door is curved and getting a
replacement is going to be very hard. So I am left in the position of
having to repair it. I am looking for suggestions on how to stop the
rot and wondering if I can fill the damage with something so i don't
have to replace the center stile. Also what would be a good filler
for the woodworm holes. The door will be repainted when I am done.

This post was cross-posted to alt.home.repair.

Thanks in advance.

I would go for a replacement not a repair. In the long run I suspect
you will be a lot happier.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit