Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Golf

Default Dead Toshiba

I know I'll get hammered for this, but I don't have the model # of the
TV with me at this time (I'm at work). I was hoping to be guided in the
right direction. I replaced the video IC in this thing, had burnt PCB
trace and shorted diode. The set would power up prior to replacing this
IC. Now I don't have any voltage on flyback other than B+ back to
collector of HOT. I don't think the horizontal oscillator is
oscillating. I desoldered the base of the HOT, and injected a horzontal
drive signal, and still got nothing from flyback. I strongly suspect I
was sent the wrong replacement IC, but if I inject a known good drive
signal, shouldn't the thing power up? Is there something else about
this IC that would prevent a power up? Thanks for any insight. Again, I
am a beginner.