George

Default Buccaneers

New medications as well. Though it probably is to a degree noise - related,
it is also a fact of life that our ears appear to have been designed (like a
few other body parts) for something closer to the old threescore and ten
than today's lifespans. Guess by the time the hair starts coming out of the
ear canal the ones supporting the otoliths start to deteriorate.

I'm deaf over 4000Hz where jets wind up myself -can't sue Uncle Sam, of
course - but I'm also the only one who can get a good blood pressure by
auscultation in an ambulance full of high-pitched road noise!

"pete brooks" wrote in message
Bob Schmall wrote:
I've heard about a hearing aid that cancels out the tinnitus by

producing a
sound of just the right frequency to "block" it. Senior moment--I can't
think of the technical term for this. I don't know if it's on the

market,
but if it is I'll bet it sells for twice what the average aid costs, say
about $2,000.

It's called a "masking" device. Last I heard (circa '91) it used white

noise
to do the deed. No idea on costs.