Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Default New HD TV, what to buy

**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** wrote:
According to recent House/Senate activity, it could be April 2009!!
before the HDTV cutoff takes effect. So buying an HDTV this far in
advance has got to be a risky undertaking. Unfortunately like most
people my NTSC sets are getting pretty old and I am getting pressure
from the family to buy "a big screen TV". No way I am going to buy a
rear projection monster either!

Rear projection NTSC sets are a dime a dozen, I've picked up 6 of them
for free, fixing them and trading up until I got a pretty nice one.
Browsed craigslist today and there were at least 5 free ones up for
grabs, most with minor problems.