Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Default OT dangerous dogs

Some years ago when Florida and a number of other states passed carry laws
many people got the impression that that was some kind of first. Near as I
know, it has always been legal in Alaska, Arizona and I'm sure other states.
I know from first hand experience that carry licenses have always been
available in Washington. I've had a CCW for 24 years. I've never had a need
to use it nor has anyone I know. It would seem that the people with the CCW
are less likely to get into a bad situation in the first place. I think this
is do to those individuals being more aware of their surroundings and
knowing where not to be.

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
Yes, yes, we've heard that argument here too. When Florida was (one
of?) the first state to pass laws where law-abiding citizens could carry
concealed weapons, the hue and cry was mighty, about how "blood will run
in the streets", "the Gunshine State" and all that. Not surprisingly
(to me), when non-criminals were allowed to arm themselves, the
criminals found other things to do. Violent crime went down in
Florida, just as it has gone down in _every other state_ with CCW laws.