Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Christopher Tidy

Default Anyone have a 7/16 x 18 Whitworth tap I could borrow?

Bob Chilcoat wrote:
I need to make a special toolpost clamp bolt for my Myford (I'm adapting a
Chinese quick-change toolpost to fit). It's either find the right tap, or
spend a very long time grinding a special Whitworth (55 degree included
angle) deep internal single point tool. Yeah, I know that I can probably
use a 60 degree tool and make it work, but I have no 60 degree tool that
small, so would have to grind something out of solid anyway.

If someone has the right tap, I would like to borrow it to tap this one
hole. If you're in the UK, I'll happen to be in Cardiff this weekend,
London Monday, Cambridge Tuesday, and Ascot Wednesday morning. I could
borrow it when I'm over there, and mail it back as soon as I get back to the
US and can use it. I would really appreciate some help. Thanks.

Get it from the Tap & Die Co. while you're in England (www.tapdie.com).
It's £6.00 plus tax and delivery. They dispatch fast, so you could
probably have it sent to your hotel, or maybe you could pick it up from
them in London.

Chris