MP Toolman

Default Just got a used Miller XMT 300. What's needed for TIG?

My weding power source (Lincoln 300-300TIG) has a gas solenoid so the fingertip
slide control on the torch can control the shielding gas flow. If you do not
have a solenoid gas control valve, torches are available with a shielding gas
valve built into the handle and a small knob to turn the flow on and off.

My slider control is a unit (by Weldcraft if I remember correctly) that
replaces the standard torch handle. Gives a nice integrated ffeel and provides
fine current control. There are also slider controls that clip/tape/wire tie
onto the standard torch handle. The latter might be easier to adapt to some
torches.

Mill

not normally comfortably seated at a welding bench so a foot pedal current
control is pretty much useless. I like the sloder control that mounts on

the
torch handle. These are available as add-ons or as an assembly that

replaces
I admit the pedal was a little awkward to me, but I only had an
afternoon's worth of torch time. Do the finger tip controls allow
finer adjustments? I'd imagine a foot pedal valve would still be
needed for the shielding gas? A lot of great responses...thanks!