Posted to misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.house
Keith

Default Real Estate Sales Prices in Flower Mound, Texas

On 21 Nov 2005 11:45:46 -0800, "sprtan" wrote:

Fair point.

I guess what I was attempting to convey was the fact that due to the
Homestead Act (amongst other reasons), it has given many of us a
motivation to contest our tax values on an annual basis therefore
keeping them suppressed beyond what they might have been raised to
otherwise (I for one have benefited from this in that if I had let
nature take its course over the last 6-7 years, I would have a
signficantly higher appraised value than I do now).

Interestingly, in looking at the DCAD relative to some of the recent
listings, the listing amounts are signficantly higher than the tax
appraised amounts by a pretty wide margin.

It will interesting to see how this plays out in terms of sale.

I guess I'm just not smart enough to contest the value. I knew you
could, but have never had a reason to, or so I thought. Thanks for
the info.

Also, please report back as to how you make out on your home.