Ernie Leimkuhler

Default Just got a used Miller XMT 300. What's needed for TIG?

In article , chrisg
wrote:

not normally comfortably seated at a welding bench so a foot pedal current
control is pretty much useless. I like the sloder control that mounts on
the
torch handle. These are available as add-ons or as an assembly that
replaces

I admit the pedal was a little awkward to me, but I only had an
afternoon's worth of torch time. Do the finger tip controls allow
finer adjustments? I'd imagine a foot pedal valve would still be
needed for the shielding gas? A lot of great responses...thanks!

You can hook up a solenoid valve as an inline device on the gas hose,
triggered manually or by the foot pedal.