Posted to misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.house
Keith

Default Real Estate Sales Prices in Flower Mound, Texas

On 21 Nov 2005 06:46:55 -0800, "sprtan" wrote:

Thanks for the insight.

We actually do have a CAD. The challenge in our area is that due to
the Homestead Act, many folks (including me) have managed to
successfully suppress our home values for tax purposes over the years.
Comparatively, the actual values that homes have listed for (and I
suspect sold for) are much higher.

I live in Flower Mound as well, and don't understand what you mean by
suppressing our home's values. The Homestead Act only gives us a
$15,000 reduction in value when computing school tax.

The values are low here due to both the market in the DFW area in
general (only 3 of about 100 "districts" have shown an increase this
year) and the fact that they are doing so much new construction
building in Wellington.