Posted to alt.home.repair
Don

Default Kitchen updates

"Banty" wrote
Now, if I wanted to inexpensively update the kitchen for my own use for a
couple
of years then resale, I would consider a decent laminate (they do stand
up,
they're on the same expense level as the vinyl tile floor)

Laminate is not a good idea in wet areas, ie., kitchens and bathrooms.

as I think it would
look nice and be very functional. Curious - what would be done them about
the
backsplash? Repair the wall, paint, and install something just by the
stove?

When you remove tile from drywall quite a bit of damage occurs to the
surface. A lot of finish mud, and sanding, will be required to make it look
right.