Posted to alt.home.repair
Rex

Default How to upgrade fairly new kitchen?

"wkearney99" wrote in message
t...
So what would be a rough guess of what to expect for quotes in materials

and
labor to tear out the tile counters and backsplashes and replace them
with

common variety of granite slab counters plus glass or stone tile

backsplash?

Usually around $10k and upward. Decide what you *really* want not just
that
you dislike the current setup because it's boring.

I've seen undermount 9 inch deep sinks I would use with the new counters
available in stock at Home Depot for around $300 or so. I plan to spend
$500-$700 on a replacement dishwasher.

In-stock at the Home Depot is not necessarily your best deal. Both in
terms
of price and quaility of materials. Check some higher-end plumbing
suppliers and then shop around online. I saved over $1k buying my
Hansgrohe
bathroom fixtures online. Retail for one piece was $475, HD had it for
$389, online I found it for $250.

Well, the very least I want is a new better-quality 9' deep undermount sink
or flush-with-the-counter tiled-in sink, new faucets and a better
backsplash, but a new kitchen sink and new backsplash seems to require
damaging the tile counters, which means new counters would be needed. If I
need all new counters, then I might as well get granite slab instead of more
tile again.
In the master bath, I need to replace the top mount oval sinks in the tile
dual-vanity with undermount sinks, so I guess that requires ripping out the
tile there too because undermount sinks can't use the two existing sink
openings.
I am already sure I'm getting a new dishwasher and new tile flooring
replacing the old tile and carpeting in the entry with all tile instead and
using more of that same new tile to replace all the linoleum in the house
(kitchen, bathrooms, laundry). Also new carpeting and paint throughout the
house. I am budgeting much less than $20K for the entire interior of a 1000
sq ft home.