Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Date my tablesaw

It is from 1972 or earlier. I posted the manuals for a 1965 PM66 on
www.owwm.com a couple of months ago.

On 21 Nov 2005 06:24:31 -0800, "the_tool_man"
wrote:

Hi all:

No, you don't have to take her to a movie, just tell me how old she is.
It's a Powermatic 66 bought at auction last week. It's light green
with a red Powermatic ID plate on the front of the cabinet. No white
stripe. Serial number is 966525. Round fence rails. 3-belt drive. I
called Powermatic, and they said it was made in 1996. However, I
thought the 3-belt drive and fence indicated early 1980's or older
vintage (based upon what others here have said). When did they switch
to the gold color? The woman I spoke with at PM didn't seem too sure
of the year when she told me, so I'm not sure I can take her word for
it. Can anybody shed some light here?

Thanks in advance,
John.