Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques

Default OT dangerous dogs

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:24:17 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Bob
Martin quickly quoth:

There are "a thousand times" more people here, Bob. UK crime rates
are actually higher than the US.

Google it. The facts are there. We just went through this a couple
months ago either here on on rec.crafts.metalworking. DAGS on that.

http://www.jointogether.org/gv/issues/problem/global/

This says that gun-related deaths in the USA were 300 times the number in Britain,
but the US population is only 4-5 times that of the UK. I admit these are pretty old
figures, but a gun killing still makes national headlines here.

According to the latest CIA factbook, we have 296 million people and
you have 60. Y'know, guns would help your population control. bseg

Another poster here talked about Britain being "disarmed" - sorry but that is nonsense.
Hand guns were banned in a knee-jerk reaction to the Dunblane school killings,
but the only people affected were legitimate members of pistol-shooting clubs.

Do a google (or other) search for "defensive handgun use". It may well
surprise you. There are an estimated 2 million DHUs (prevented crimes)
in the USA annually, most without firing a shot.

The general populace have never owned guns for protection - only criminals have
guns.

Perhaps, but due to the bans, your people can't purchase guns for
protection and your police are totally inept (as are ours) at
controlling criminals--thanks in part to overpaid lawyers.

You still didn't address my crime rate statistics. BTW, our death by
firearm statistics are (purposely?) overblown because suicides are
included in that figure.

--
Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven.
Gee, ain't religion GREAT?