Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.

Default Oh no! Buying a toolbox...

"B.B." wrote:

In article 0Rlgf.563870$x96.361471@attbi_s72,
"JWho" wrote:

[...]

Do you know if 600 pounds of stuff is more than it was designed to hold?

Yeah, it was roughly six times what it was designed to hold. (:
Seriously, this is amusing: when you're in Sears next time, poke around
in their toolboxes and once in a while you'll see a weight plate. It'll
have a little label on it, stating that it represents the weight of a
drawer full of tools. It's maybe 20 pounds. So, going by that, my
bottom box was made to hold 100 lbs, and my top was made for perhaps
half that.

That's not unreasonable, a 2" high drawer full of anything short of lead
type shouldn't exceed 20#. The bigger drawers would of course need
higher weight ratings.

Pete C.