Jeremy C B Nicoll

Default Kitchen wall units - screw size ?

In article ,
No-one wrote:
Would 2 inch screws into rawlplugs be sufficient depthandd strength
for holding kitchen wall units or should I be looking at using 2 1/2
or even 3 inch screws ?

Surely it depends on how much of that screw length is outside the wall,
and - if your wall is plaster over brick - how much is in the brick?
I think I'd want a couple of inches in the brick part.

If your wall is breezeblock my experience is that that holds screws
much less well than brick - though maybe that depends on the fitting
used.