Posted to alt.home.repair
M.Burns

Default Are plastic water valves serviceable?

Yes, the packing nut is what I was referring to (sorry the correct name
escaped me). I'll try to see if it can be slightly tightened while trying
to hold the vavle body itself in place. Don't like putting any type of
force at all on anything plastic, if you know what I mean. I wasn't sure if
the packing nut was even tightenable, or if the whole valve was somehow cast
as one piece and the packing nut is not even functional.
M.B.

"tom" wrote in message
ups.com...
If I'm following you correctly, I call the part you think is leaking a
packing nut. Try tightening it just a little bit. Shouldn't take much.
Tom