jakdedert

Default AA battary capacity, Ah (?)

My old Olympus D-320L digicam goes through alkalines like crazy...but when
they won't work in the camera anymore, they still have plenty of capacity
for flashlights and the like.

I'll have to measure the open circuit voltage the next time I change them,
IIRC it was something like 1.3 volts.

jak

"Dave Martindale" wrote in message
(GregS) writes:

On the other hand, there is a GE discount CB walkie-talkie that has been

sold
in many discount outlets. It uses a fixed amount of cells. It will ONLY
work with alkalines.
It NEEDS the extra voltage for the thing to output any decent power, 5
watts, where
the 1.2 volt cells will cause it to output 1/10th proper power level or

500mw.

Which means that it will use half or less of the energy in one set of
alkaline cells before you have to replace them with new ones.

This certainly fits my definition of "junk".

Dave