Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik

Default Tek 465 trace brightness variation during sweep

"krikkit" wrote in

"James T. White" wrote in message
"Al Schapira" wrote in message
On my Tek 465 scope, I notice a peculiar variation of the intensity
of the trace at fast sweep rates. The intensity decreases during
the sweep for about 200 ns near the beginning of the trace and
returns to normal for the remainder of the sweep. It is most
noticeable using ALT sweeps.

Al,

Could I can't remember if a 465 does this or not, but HP scopes of
that era
would highlight the section of the trace that would be "magnified" by
the delay
when you had the delay mode switch set to normal and the delay ring
of the timebase anywhere but off. Try adjusting the delay vernier to
see of the highlighted section moves.

--
James T. White

I'd say James is right on the money, this looks like the scope is in
"B
intensify" mode.

Then others here who own a 465 could duplicate the "problem".

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik