Posted to rec.woodworking
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default Lumber Getter

"DonkeyHody" wrote in message
oups.com...
Stoutman,
I bought one of the folding trailers from Northern Tool about 16 years
ago.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...468&R=465 468

I put the pieces parts together in my living room in an evening and
then assembled the major components in my garage the next day. I built
a box with hinged lid on mine to haul luggage for ski trips, but I also
use it to drag home everything from plywood to 14' lumber. It has at
least 20,000 miles on it. I've replaced tires several times and wheel
bearings once just because. It's very light, balanced just right, and
pulls really nice. Rated capacity is about 1,000 lb. For the price,
it's hard to beat.

DonkeyHody
"Every man is my superior in that I can learn from him." - Thomas
Carlyle

I've got a similar one from Harbor Freight (around $200 IIRC). I put a
floor in, built some sides and it's been a great little trailer for me.
If I were hauling things for a living, I wouldn't recommend it but it's been
great hauling stuff to the dump, lumber, adobe bricks, dirt, etc.... and it
tracks great on the highway. For me it's worked very well. Rated
capacity is only about 1000 lbs but 99% of the time, I don't need anything
more. Sure came in handy when picking up my 500 lb. table saw!
Cheers,
cc