Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.

Default Oh no! Buying a toolbox...

"B.B." wrote:

[...]

Thankyou for the suggestions. I now have my heart pretty much set on
a brown Kennedy roll a round unit:
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...l?ItemKey=1RG3
2
Just need to either locate someone who can get it to me now (and
maybe for less) or just bite the bullet and order it through Grainger.
As an aside, I know I can't order from Grainger over the internet as
an individual, but if I personally voyage to one of their branches can I
buy from them then? Or do I still need to figure out some way to buy
through work? Never actually been to a Grainger, so I don't know.

Grainger, unlike MSC, McMaster, ENCO and others, can be a real PITA
about the business thing. What you get when walking into the local
branch can vary greatly depending on who is working there at the time
and what kind of day they are having. When I needed to order some stuff
from Grainger (they do have a few things that others don't), they gave
me some grief about the business thing. I convinced them that I was a
business, albeit a very small one by faxing them a copy on my Sch. C
from my tax return. One from a year when I moved halfway across the
country and didn't do much consulting, but a gross consulting income of
$750 is still a business.

Pete C.